Failure of average function to calculate correctly

I have a spreadsheet in which I have one column of figures, with a second column giving a running average overn7 days, using the average function. I drag the cell with the average formula down on a daily basis to give a new 7 day average. This has worked perfectly. However, it has started returning zero when dragging down. I have made no change to the formula or formatting. The formula has the correct cell references in. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Any ideas?

The version of Libre office is 7.2.5.2. The OS is Windows 10. The file type it is saved as is .ods

This is a test spreadsheet showing the problem.

Test 1.ods (13.0 KB)

Thanks for your help.

The help on this page is mostly provided by users like you.

An important aspect is the correct specification of the tags.
Choose at least one of the valid tags that match your situation: Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress, Math, Base or Common.

Your question and its description should be as detailed as possible.
When writing your question and description, please keep in mind that no one can look over your shoulder.
Please, basically you have to specify the operating system and the LibreOffice version (three digits, e.g. 7.3.2).
Furthermore, specify the file type in which you saved.
Edit your initial question, to do it.
Thanks.
All important information about your initial question should be present in the initial question box, otherwise edit and complete it.
Do not use comments for this.
If you have already fulfilled some of these requirements, so much the better.

You may want to upload a reduced and anonymized file here so that someone can examine it.

Here you can find the further References for this page.

Thank you for your consideration.

Upload a document with the average formula and the referenced cells.

Don’t turn off Data → Calculate → AutoCalculate.

And after having it turned on again hit Shift+Ctrl+F9 once to recalculate everything.

2 Likes