Footers/Pages Numbers

Hello,
I am trying to write a document with 2 columns so I can print it out into a book.
I have the footers added, and I only checked off this, that says “footer on” and have it be a different footer for each page.
As I am manually inserting the page numbers.

HOWEVER, after 4 pages (or 7 columns) it just repeats the footer from previous pages and I do not know how to fix this or change it. I keep checking that the footer settings havent changed, and it still only says “footer on”

I just signed up for this website to get help - but it will not allow me to add a second photo for proof to my explanation. So I hope this makes sense without the visual

I just downloaded this program because nothing else allows the double pages numbers/columns. And I was hoping this would allow me to have each column numbered,

I look forward to the help, thank you!!!

You are best just use normal single column pages and let the printer driver do the imposition for you.

I’m the print dialogue select Booklet and it will arrange the pages so that they appear correctly on each sheet of paper. Search Booklet in the help

Edit your question to better explain your goal. Instead of describing how you did it, describe in layman words what you want to get (the final layout).
Is it an A4 or A5 book, printed double-sided, with a header containing the book title and a footer with page number?
Is it a A5-leaflet set on an A4-page (requiring the pages to be printed in a specific order)?
Somme other arrangement?

Screenshots don’t tell what causes a problem, they just show it. It’s really much better to upload a small document showing the problem, then people here can analyze it.
You want to enter page numbers manually, page for page, because Writer doesn’t allow formulas for page numbering. In that case, don’t use footers. Footers are intended for repetitive text, like page numbers, and their content is controlled by an esoteric but supernaturally powerful element, namely page styles. You basically need a special page style for each footer with different content, so you would need dozens or hundreds of them, depending on the number of pages of your book. It’s really easier to use frames that you’d put where you would have the footer. A single frame spanning the line width would suffice.

I dont know what this means.
I just have 2 columns so I can fold the pages in half perfectly so I can bind it into a book.

How do you do that? I’m sorry for sounding stupid I dont understand anything you said. So at this rate I think I;m not gonna put page numbers because like this is so complicated and I would need a video tutorial on how to do so because I do not understand.

I do appreciate the help tho

Idk how to delete this post. I appreciate everyone trying to help but I give up.

Here’s a sample file with two columns text on landscape page and page numbers at the bottom in frames. Beware: The frames are anchored to page. You should only do that when you won’t need to make changes in your document, so add them as the last thing you do.

pagnumsinframe.odt (39,2 KB)

I opened that document, and it only showed pages 1-3 for the columns and nothing beyond that. Unless I did something wrong? idk

Of course. This is a sample document that you are going to study carefully for your own use. You add frames on each page for as many pages as your document has. Look. You want help. But you give us a very hard time helping you.

okay thank you im sorry me not understanding equates to giving you a hard time.

You can also print a document as a brochure, multiple pages per sheet. If you do that, you won’t need two columns and everything will be easier.