Format Character Outline fills with white

Could it be useful to request an enhancement so that, when Font Effect is set to Outline, the characters are not white with color outline, but only the outline remains?

So the “body” of the characters will be transparent.

See Set Colors of Characters with Borders

Not something that i personaly would use often, but having the option to style the characters differently certainly would not hurt anybody.

Hi. My bad, the ability is there and I have used it previously, Fontwork. Sorry, Al

If the whole text should be formatted “Outline”, the FontWork tool is your friend. However, if only part of the text is outlined, it must be split into individual parts, some of which may be processed with FontWork but you the have several objects you must manually position and align.

1 Like

Nice to know something like this already exists.

FontWork isn’t always a solution.
Sometimes you need regular text with an outline, for better legibility or whatever reason.
And then you want the font in one specific colour, and the outline in another specific colour.
Then FontWork sometimes just won’t suffice.

Regular text with outline should have the option to have both the fill and the outline colours specified.
I can indeed see how a default makes sense. But there has to be an option to specify both.

@Kennin Sounds like a Feature Request.
Maybe it already exists. Have a look here:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=font%20outline%20