Formula bar issue

Since few versions ago whenever I try to select text inside the formula bar the default cursor is often replaced by the barred circle cursor. From that point the formula bar acts as if the left mouse button was still pressed (simply moving the cursor will act as if I was trying to select some text).

As it’s probably unclear I just made a test with a cell containing the text ‘Hello world!’. The bug occured while the cursor was on the space between the two words, by moving it to the right, ’ world!’ appeared as selected. At that point I typed ‘abc’:
In the formula bar ‘Helloabc’ was displayed (as those three letters have replaced the selected text).
But in the cell itself the text was ‘Helalobc world!’ (with the ‘a’ being that far to the left).

Could anyone tell me in which version that bug as introduced so I could revert back to an older one?

Currently I’m using version 7.3.3.2:
Version: 7.3.3.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: d1d0ea68f081ee2800a922cac8f79445e4603348
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19043; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (fr_FR); UI: en-US
Calc: CL

Yes, that could be indeed discovered: first, you file that as a bug, and then in the bug, the regression is bisected by others to find the version that introduced the problem (that helps fixing, and simultaneously, helps you).

Ah well I’ve been looking for that this morning without any success. Thanks.
Apparently it has already been reported: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=145248
I’m going to revert to 7.2.0.4 and hopefully that will be fixed. Thanks again.

… which would not help, since the problem was introduced in 7.1, so you need 7.0 (the latest from that series would do, which is 7.0.6.2).

Am I missing something then? According to said bug report it was introduced in version 7.2.1.2 and the previous one was 7.2.0.4.

Where in the bug it was stated? :slight_smile: The bug status as it was before my today’s changes was that original poster used 7.2.1.2, not knowing which older version worked. The only reply there was that it was impossible to repro on Linux. The bug needed some work to find where it had started (which is done now).

I’m not sure… Maybe I’m wrong, but 144997 refers to version 7.0.6.2 or is it another bug?

Thanks @JohnSUN - that helps finding duplicates.
The issue mentions 7.1.6.2 in the description, and I assume it was just a user mistake to select 7.0.6.2 in the “earliest affected”.