I have a sheet containing 2000 rows (one row per person). I need to print half a page with a summary of the data present on a row, for each row.
Currently, we have 4 sheets containing 500 people each, formatted so 2 people fit per page when printing those sheets. It contains their name, phone number, and a lot of links to different sheets with complex formulas. We manually incremented all values and fetched all the data per person within different sheets to create this “template”. The downside is that opening, saving, and working inside the document is obviously very slow and LO crashes often. This template was created a decade ago, I must believe we have better tools now to do this.
Is there a way I can select start and end person at the top of the sheet and generate the data on the fly when the user wants to print?
Or is there an alternative that doesn’t require an external program? Everything needs to be in this Calc/Excel document.
I have some constraints (I cannot change those as it is out of my hand):
- Ability to send a single document via email back and forth
- The file, as an attachment, may be opened “without download”, so any external files might be missing or misplaced (Most people involved are not tech-savvy people)
- The document may be edited by the recipient and sent back via email
- The recipient need to easily print the summary sheet of the persons without any heavy know-how (I thought about putting simple instructions on a separate sheet)
- 80% of the people uses Microsoft Office
The recipient cannot have to install extra pieces of software as they might find it hard or time-wasting and they’ll blame me for anything going wrong.