Grid size in Draw?

Hi, I’m trying to create a scale plan of my garden, so I can design it, sort of. Using Draw, how to I tell it a rectangle is an 8ft by 8.5ft shed?

It’s only showing in centimeters, and even if I pretend cm are ft it’s way too big.

I could mess around with a calculator but it would be a lot easier if I could just tell the thing that the canvas is 44ft by 50ft and this rectangle is 8ft. There must be some way of doing that, right?

Right?

You need to set your units and scale first, they will remain as set until changed subsequently.

• Open Draw and click Tools > Options > LibreOffice Draw > General (Mac is LibreOffice > Preferences rather than Tools > Options)
  • Under Measurement Units set Feet
  • Under Scale you could set 1:20 (no 1:12 scale I am afraid) and you will easily get your shed on a Letter sized piece of paper. At 1:10 it would be a tight squeeze. Cheers, Al

There is an argument for consistency of scale if this is more than a one-off. The link given by Hrbrgr in Libre Draw - Custom Shapes and Custom Toolbar for the Custom Shapes is worth reading.

Another post that might help if you want to use inches is Adjust ruler/grid for working with feet/inches