Help convert this .csv to pivot table.

Hello, attached are two files - “toes and hair pivot.ods” and “toes and hair flat file.ods.”

I can’t figure out how to use the pivot tables and instructions are all over the place here on the internet. If someone could help me with a little bit of instructions on how to create the “hair and toes pivot.ods” out of the “hair and toes flat file.ods” I would be greatly appreciative.

Currenlty the “hairs and toes pivot.ods” was created by a survey software. I need to duplicate this using a flat file.

Thank you.toes and hair pivot.odstoes and hair flat file.ods

Don’t understand Opaque’s response: “From my pov: Not at all a case for pivot tables from the flat file as it is given.” You mean this flat file cannot be used to create a pivot table like the example given? But the given example pivot table was created by a program that exports survey results - so it would seem one is created from the other.
PS - don’t know if admins read these posts but every time I attempt to login I must get my credential send all over again. Pretty annoying given that I’m always entering the correct password.

Sorry - I have deleted my comment since expected that response. For sure you can create a pivot from a single column in your flat file - but:

• It never would like the summaries in toes and hair pivot.ods (without modification - and each modification of a pivot table will get lost if you refresh a pivot)
  • and it seems to make no sense (at least for me)

May be you modified the raw data file for sake of simplification - but I cannot provide a serious solution. Sorry that you got my comment anyhow.

Regarding:

But the given example pivot table was created by a program that exports survey results

There is no pivot in toes and hair pivot.ods - These are simple tables, which are just called “pivot”, since they summarize data but I can’t imagine these tables have been created by LibreOffice pivot table functionality from toes and hair flat file.ods - See here for single columns
Toes-and-hair-Flat-File+Pivot.ods