How can you cut and past and exported pdf file?

LO v7.0.4.2  
Win7-64

See link text

I’m still having issues. Basically when I go to File->Export As->Export as PDF->Security I get a pop-up in which I can’t change any settings unless I setup a 'permissions password". I don’t want or need a password. The files are meant to be input and read, copied and pasted from, or manipulated by anyone with access to the document.

It is hard to make out the default settings when no password is provided, but it seems that the settings are just what I want. Great. But I can’t copy and paste from an exported document, so either the setting indications are incorrect or the software doesn’t implement them, or just as likely, I have misread the settings.

Is there a fix available so that I don’t have to supply a password?

Don’t set anything in Security unless you want it password protected. None of the settings there make any sense unless you are password protecting a pdf. Ignore the Security tab

@earnest Any idea how I can export a pdf that can be cut and pasted from and/or directly edited?

Yes. File > Export As > Export AS PDF and just make settings in the General tab and leave the default settings in the other tabs. Below is what I last used to export a document for email distribution. It created a small file size and good picture quality.

If you can’t copy from the exported pdf could your antivirus or operating system be blocking files from a network location? Try exporting to the local Documents folder.

What pdf reader are you using? Maybe try another. Cheers, Al

Thanks. I give up (Adobe wins). I use Adobe Acrobat v20.013.20074. I suspect I’ll have to hunt up another pdf reader.

What happens when you click File > Export As > Export Directly as PDF? Can you then open the exported file and copy from Adobe Reader?

Everything works as expected (except copy and paste). When I export a document I can then immediately import it into Adobe. I can’t cut an paste from the document in Adobe. My current feeling is that you are ‘right on’ in saying I need a new pdf reader, that my issue is not in LO but Adobe. Other than that I’m stumped. I don’t know what I could being doing wrong.

Any idea of a good pdf reader? If I get another one I can experiment and maybe identify an issue.

Have you chosen the correct select tool in Adobe reader? See Copy content from pdfs

I ask this because I use the same version of Adobe Reader without problem

Well I’ll be damn’d. You know the trick. I followed the directions and Lo’, I could copy (and presumably paste). Thank you. You have made my life more interesting. Now I’ll have to rename my firstborn “Earnest”. Thanks again.

Ha ha. Don’t do that, earnest is just a character defect. Cheers, Al