How do I change font size based on cell value in calc?

I’m trying to recreate something like a word cloud on calc, and I came across this article that uses VBS scripting for excel.

Is there something similar or is it possible to set font size according to cell value in calc?

Hello

yes - this can be done: Check the following sample file which uses Conditional Formatting based on cell values and custom cell styles for 4 categories:

• Cell value <25 (cell style: Less25)
  • Cell value <50 (cell style: Less50)
  • Cell value <75 (cell style: Less75)
  • Cell value >=75 (cell style: Greater75)

FontDependingOnValue.ods

Remark(s)

• Of course you need to adapt the details of your Conditions and Ranges to the requirements of your sheet. This sample is just to demonstrate how you could achieve your goal.

• For better visualization the cell styles do also use a different font color

I’m so lost with conditional formatting… Do I follow the instructions in the latest docs, or do I follow the docs for conditional formatting here?

Aside from conditional formatting, is it possible to change the font size with a python script or similar?

Do I follow the … or … do I follow

I don’t see any discrepancies.

> Aside from conditional formatting, is it possible to change the font size with a python script or similar?

Probably yes - but this sounds like using a sledgehammer to nail a pin into a pin board fixing a notice to me.