How do I prepare Java Runtime Environment for use with Base?

Updated Question: I am seeking to run the Base application from Libre Office. I am having trouble installing an acceptable version of the Java Runtime Environment. I wish to learn where I can find an acceptable version of the runtime environment and any unique issues related to installation. I am using the 64 bit version of Windows 10 and version Version: 6.0.0.3 (x64) of Libre Office. When attempting to use Base I consistently get the following message: "LibreOffice requires a runtime environment (RJE) to perform this task. Please install a RJE and restart LibreOffice.

When using the Java Control Panel I note the runtime settings of an Architecture version of x86 which I take to represent the 32 bit version of the runtime environment.

How can I properly support use of Libre Office Base?

Hello,

The Java needed has nothing to do with browsers. It has everything to do with Base. Which version & type is entirely dependent upon your OS & whether you have 32 or 64 bit LO installed.

Please see this post and the links in my answer - on firefox and have loaded java 32.

Edit 2/7/2018:

You obviously have not read through the post or links within the posts mentioned above. From your updated question you obviously have an incorrect JRE for the LO you have installed. The Java you point to is 32-bit and the version of LO is 64-bit. You must have a 64-bit Java JRE for the 64-bit LO installed.

Now, either use you control panel to install the 64-bit JRE or use this link from the previously mentioned post which points to the Oracle download page where if you select JRE you will be at THIS PAGE (mouse click it). Then select the Windows item ‘jre-9.0.4_windows-x64_bin.exe’ and install it on your system.

Then, as the previously mentioned link states, insure the LO options are set correctly - CLICK HERE.

This is all the same information as has been given in the past with the exception that I pointed out the obvious incorrect compatibility between LO & Java being 32 vs 64. Can’t make this any simpler unless I install it myself.

It is very difficult to answer questions from afar let alone without information. You have not even provided your OS.

If you have looked at the instructions already provided in the answer and you do not see a Java environment in the Advanced section mentioned, you have an incorrect version anyway. Download the correct version per the links.

I’m using Linux so I can’t really address your question. However, I recently updated my (outdated) JBDC driver to version “45”. The JBDC drivers can be downloaded from —>> MySQL :: Download Connector/J

@SteveR Thanks for you comment but this about a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and not the JDBC connector.

@jimmurch If you are still having a problem, you may have to Add the location in the Advanced section. This occurs occasionally as pointed out in comment on this post - click here. BTW that question was asked after your updated question & responded within 2 1/2 hrs as completed following the instructions in this answer. Same setup - Win 10 & 64-bit LO.