How to change specific bullet color?

Hello people, I want to know how I can change the color of specific bullets (Toggle Unordered List), I tried selecting the bullets that I want to change the color but it doesn’t select. I tried also creating a new character style but I can’t find a option related to bullets or lists.
I hope you can help me :smile:

To add more information, I’m using LibreOffice 24.2.2.2 (Flatpak) in Debian 12.5.

Please upload an ODF type sample file here.

You can set all the bullets to the same tab stop and then set graphics bullets of different colours for each level. Simply tab or Shift-tab at the beginning of the line to change the colour.

In the attached example, I have created a list style ROYGBL and associated it with List 1 paragraph style
ColouredBullets104680.odt (24.5 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer and example, now I know how to do it :grin:. I hope this feature become more intuitive and automatic in future versions of LibreOffice, it will help a lot to new users :smile:

I remind you that intuitive means “compliant with long-time habits”. It has never meant “easy to use”. Every new feature requires a “discovery period” followed by an “acceptance and taming period”. Only then it becomes “obvious”.

Writer is based on principles which are fundamentally different from the leader on the market, i.e. M$ Word. And IMHO, these principles are more theoretically founded and rock-solid than those developed-in-the-wild of Word.

So your first task is to discover those founding principles, aka. styles and their control hierarchy. Once you master the concept of styles, driving Writer becomes “intuitive”.

First recommended reading: the Writer Guide (rather boring because it is not a tutorial) then Designing with LibO which explains more thoroughly the benefits you gain with styles.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s right, I recently started using LibreOffice more frecuently and it’s a matter of discover and learn.
Styles are something very useful, and thanks to this answers, now I know how to use them :smile:
I forgot to read documentation, something that can be boring but very useful as you say.

just put the cursor in front of the bullet, then menu Format>Character
Screenshot from 2024-04-13 07-34-38

Screenshot from 2024-04-13 07-31-43

and more generally :

1 Like

Thank you for your answer :grin:, yes, I can change the color of the bullets when I put the cursor before one bullet. But this changes the color of all bullets and not only the one I selected :thinking: