Dear fellow LibreOfficers,
How to import vector EPS to Draw?
I want to import a vector graphics image and edit it as a vector graphics image. Bitmap conversion is not an option for obvious reasons, and I can’t buy Illustrator.
I haven’t been lazy:
- I have used Google and read the help files, but it appears to me this is an old and forgotten bug. (Feature? Proprietary limitation? Curse for wanting to use precise, scalable graphics?)
- Currently only the placeholder with metadata (text) is imported. (I remember Windows version of PageMaker 4 had the same issue back in 1992.)
- I know of the workaround of converting the EPS into a bitmap image and then importing it. But that is not the correct solution: bitmap <> vector image.
- I have installed Ghostscript, too. Unfortunately I did not manage to convert vector EPS into any other kind of vector image, e.g. SVG. (eps2pdf renders only to a bitmap image, exactly like it did back in 1992.)
- This question has been stated before, too. The only solution offered was the unusable bitmap conversion.
- Bug 67464 has last update from 2017 and no solution.
- Meta Bug 113333 offers no satisfaction either.
I am forced to work with Windows 10, but at least I am allowed to install nearly anything necessary. Any ideas? I can contribute by writing a bug report and keeping it alive by vehemently refusing any bitmap “solutions”.
Cheers & gl,