How to name exported pdf to autofilled field type (running ID numder in my case)

Hi,

I´m creating a sort of order file table/form for my business and I haven´t found a way to name my exported pdf file (from form, where I input my customer data and print one to customer and one to myself) automaticly to the field type automatic running number. The running ID is set on table as primary key and the number is just a running number starting from 3000 and beyond.

How can I automaticly name my exported pdf with the name of the current Id number or record number?

Edit: the fiel name is ID and the field type is integer, Autovalue = Yes

How do you export the pdf-file? I do this by macro, first create a *.odt-file, then save *.odt-file and save *.pdf-file with a name resulting from content of the database.

I export pdf straight from form “export directly to pdf” and that is the way I want to do it, if there is a way.

Serial letter like the attached one printed to files as shown in the screenshot.
biblio_letter_90661.odt (27.5 KB)

Serial_PDF_Files_By_ID

Too complicated method, I think. I have my form modifed as “printable template” and I want to do it pretty straight forward, just to export pdf on the form when I have filled it, with the name of ID-number the form creates. I don´t have any email list or mailing list for my customers because I don´t need one.

Dialog “Mail Merge” isn’t for mails, it is for creating different documents. If you select a record and choose “Selected records” it will only create one document for the selected record.

You are creating pdf-files directly from a form? So you couldn’t use “Mail Merge”. Or do you print the content of a form through a template of Writer?

Sorry, I’am just learning to use Base.

I want to print the content straight from the form, not from any template.

I have made the form “visually appealing” and it is ready to print. I don’t use Base’s form templates because they are so ugly.

I will investigage the “mail merge” feature some more and try to get it work that way. Simplest way on my opinion would to just use the “export directly to pdf” button and wolá a pdf named with IDnumber (like 3004.pdf) appears on my “orders” folder.

This is not a spreadsheet. Forms are for convenient input of related data from one or more tables. Reports and office documents are for pretty output. As you can see, the serial letter can integrate the linked text snippets of variable lengths into the text flow.
For tabular or columnar output, a report or a spreadsheet may be the appropriate medium.

If you really want to print an input form like this, you need a macro that navigates the form from one record to the next and print each one to PDF.