How to recover customizations after crash

LibreOffice 6.0.2.1 running on Windows 7x64 crashed (at startup, I believe). At the time, I was attempting to open either a Writer or a Calc file, new or existing, I do not remember which, because it took me a while to figure out what had happened.

See attached document that lists files (and directories) modified during crash, along with contents of files:
LO Crash Docs - Apr 14 2018.odt. What happened? How can I prevent a reoccurrence?

The fallout was that I lost macros and custom toolbars and who knows what all else.

Though I understand that (A) macros are stored in ...\4\user\basic\Standard and (B) many customizations are stored under ...\4\user\config\soffice.cfg\modules,
I don’t know the extent of customizations lost, nor how to make them work again.

Could someone please help me figure out how to recover these customizations? I am loathe to reconstruct them manually using the 6.0 interface which is still new enough to bewilder me.

old question, valid question, not yet answered?
afaik as long as you didn’t change basic storage defaults the ‘user’ dir covers all your customizations and may be some more like backups …
sometimes on crashes it’s ‘all gone’ :frowning: and new files with default values are created on the next start,
if you can get it back - e.g. from a copy or a backup - try renaming what you have now, and copy the backup in place …