How to sign macros in "My Macros"

I have a macro in My Macros so that it runs for all documents. I’d like to sign it rather than just trusting its directory. I can sign documents and their macros, but I can’t find a way to sign these generic for-everything macros.

I guess this is a never used feature. It seems like the sort of thing we should be encouraging though.

I have raised bug 146322

The way to access the signing dialog from the BASIC IDE appears to be broken.

Too fast to fill a bug, before doing so you should have waited for someone else to confirm it.
I have no problem signing macros. I have tested with two versions of LibreOffice. You can see it in this video https://youtu.be/eCJyIY4qrD4.
It could be problem of your operating system or your configuration, but should be confirmed.

Version: 7.2.4.1 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 27d75539669ac387bb498e35313b970b7fe9c4f9
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: es-ES (es_ES); UI: en-US
Calc: CL

Version: 7.1.8.1 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: e1f30c802c3269a1d052614453f260e49458c82c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: es-ES (es_ES); UI: en-US
Calc: CL

I checked bugzilla, and the inability to sign macros in Base appears to be a bug with a long history: #97694..

If I understood the comments correctly there isn’t much common code between Base and other LO components and Base “has its own way of doing things” which makes reuse of code from other components difficult or worse.

1 Like

Please do not use “Answer” (reserved for solutions of the original questions, as explained in the Guide) to post something that is just a comment, not allowing to resolve the problem.

And well, what was the goal of posting it here, instead of filing a bug? You didn’t even ask a question by that post on this Ask site.

I apologize. I have removed the post. I thought “answer” was how you replied on this board; I have little experience with this particular forum. I also assume problems are caused by something I am doing wrong before I file bugs, since in mature (or even semi-mature) software bugs are generally rare, particularly ones that are this easy to find.

Sigh, if only that applied to LibreOffice… Possibly because of its size, or maybe just because it’s not that mature, but you don’t need long to find bugs.

MUAHUAHUA

(SCNR)

1 Like