How to turn off forward slash auto formatting the next character?

When I type a forward slash followed by a character, the slash disappears and the character turns into italics! I don’t want this… I need to type file paths that include forward slashes and it’s very disconcerting that Libre Office seems to think noone uses forward slashes in a typed line because they WANT A FORWARD SLASH, not to turn the rest of the line italics. Please help me as I don’t want to go back to MS Word.

Have you used the search box for slash? Here is one found result Why does my text change to Italics when enclosed on forward slashes. Cheers, Al

Another duplicate: How do I turn off the automatic strikethrough text ?!

Tools>AutoCorrect>AutoCorrect Options, Options tab

Uncheck Automatic *bold* and _underline_. PressHelp to see all triggering characters.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

Thank you!

This disables *text* as well (as strikethrough and underscores). Is there a way to disable ONLY slashes? I use those in path names.

I recommend dropping completely these *text*, /text/, _text_ and the like because they translate to direct formatting. You’ll have more control with character styles although you may find them less “immediate” at the beginning. Styling has far less undesired effects than direct formatting and allows a more “professional” approach.