I need to sum certain ranges based on the condition of individual cells not being blank.

I need to sum a cell from multiple ranges. Some of these ranges only apply if a certain cell isn’t blank. I thought SUMIF() would apply here, but I can’t seem to use “*” or “.*” as a condition to determine the cell isn’t blank. I haven’t changed any of LibreOffice Calc’s default settings. I did look at them, and under Tools > Options > LibreOffice Calc > Calculate, Formulas Wildcards is set to “Enable wildcards in formulas”.

This question follows /question/281676/.

Until someone comes up with a better one…

Given blank-or-not cells in column A, and values to sum in column B:

=SUM(B1:B9)-SUMIFS(B1:B9;A1:A9;"")

Tested with LibreOffice 6.4.7.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

Add Answer is reserved for solutions. If you think the answer is not satisfactory, add a comment below, or click edit (below your question) to add more information. Thanks.

Check the mark (Answer markCorrect answer mark) to the left of the answer that solves your question.

Each cell checked for whether it’s blank or not corresponds to a different row to sum. Would this change this formula considerably?

@Zetawilk, Click edit below your question and use the paper clip to upload a sample file (remove all sensible data before).