Impress hanging pasting slides & images

I installed the current version, 5.0.2, on a new laptop running Windows 8.1. I needed to edit\amalgamate .ppt slides to create another .ppt (requirement to be run on a machine with MS Office). Copying and pasting slides to the Impress .ppt file I was editing caused the Suite to hang, leading to recovery of about 10 documents (writer & impress). T

his happened about 5 times in the course of 40 minutes before I had to stop using. It also froze a couple of times when I tried to paste an image form the clipboard.

Is there an awareness of this issue? Any additional info I can provide to help troubleshoot this bug?

Thanks!

Upgrade to 5.0.2.2 ! Index of /libreoffice/old/5.0.2.2/win

thanks for the advice, I tried that install and get an error 1335, cabinet file libreoffice1.cab is corrupt and can’t be used, this leads to an internal 2350 error. I had to reinstall the previous version to be able to use the software.

Hi boardtc

LO-5 is from LibreOffice Fresh & as such may be buggy. You need to get used to using Bugzilla (or the Bug Assistant).

One alternative is to use LibreOffice Still (more stable, less exciting).

An option to try from M$ is their “Microsoft Fix-It” website:

“Automatically repair issues that block program installation or removal because of corrupted registry keys.”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

(it has worked for some others)

If this helps then please tick the answer (:heavy_check_mark:)

…and/or show you like it with an uptick ()

Thanks for explaining! I had no idea that the main download link for libreoffice went to a current branch rather than stable, surely the main download page should link to still rather than fresh, very strange decision. I will install 4.4.5.

@boardtc: I agree; most do not realise this fact, which is why I publish the info. Essentially, you are being advised to download beta software.