Impress hyperlink to an executable with its commandline argument

I am trying to bring an old PowerPoint presentation into Impress and update it. It is a presentation about bird sounds, and has clickables on slides to invoke the audio rendering app Audacity from my Program Files and have Audacity open with a particular local audio file as specified in the command line argument. I can’t get this to work in Impress. How can it be done?

Your birdcalls are audio files.
These files have a certain file type.
The assignment, which file type is opened by which program, you must make over your operating system.

Your hyperlink must then contain only the directory path and the name of the birdcall file.

The link is called with Ctrl+Click.

Example just tested with me:
file:///D:/hrbrgr_M/50th%20Greatest%20Hits/Comeon%20everybody%20-%20Eddie%20Cochran.ps

With me:
Version: 7.3.1.3 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: a69ca51ded25f3eefd52d7bf9a5fad8c90b87951
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

I forgot that I had raised this a year ago. Mike’s answer suggests that I can’t do in Impress what worked in PowerPoint. Is that correct?

The hyperlinks in LibreOffice are stored as URIs. There is no built-in mechanism in URIs designed to provide command line arguments to executables encoded as file: URIs; but it is possible to have a custom convention on that, e.g. using query part of URI for that. That needs to be implemented and documented in LibreOffice to work.

You are welcome to file an enhancement request, providing a clear description of use case, and a sample of a file that works in PowerPoint - which would make it an interoperability bug, possibly with higher chance to be accepted.

Thank you Mike. Now I will stop batting my head against the wall and consider your suggestion of filing an enhancement request. In the meantime I will continue to use my old laptop with its 2007 PowerPoint for delivering that presentation. Be well. --Randy