Increase comment (annotations) width in Writer

Working with 24.2.1.2 on Win11.
The comments zone is a little bit too narrow, and there is lot of space left to the right. Long comments would be easier to read if the comment columns could be extended to the right.
There are two posts with solutions I could not use

1. that is a rather old topic (2013) https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/is-there-a-way-to-increase-comment-display-width/4401 - It talks about a user interface scaling option, that I could not find in 24.2.

… lower the User Interface Scaling in Tool>Options>LibreOffice>View>Interface Scaling>Scaling.

1. The other post from 2019 - Change width of comments column does neither give an answer. User Alta88 suggests to edit the xml file and change a svg:width property, but I do not see it when saving to .fods.
    my suggestion : add an option to change Comments column width (for all documents, or for a specific one) , or add a UI element to resize it dynamically once the document is open
    Thank you for reading, and sorry if not posted to the right channel

The “Comments” column increases with the general zoom.

Many things have changed since the referenced questions.

Regarding the 2013 post, the option was removed and probably replaced by the zoom slider. Anyway, it scaled up or down the display and did not changed the size itself.

I made an experiment for the 2019 suggestion. It is rather surprising because comments are not SVG drawings. When you look into the XML, you find the <office:annotation …> element but there are no SVG attribute (and this is to be expected because comments, once again, are not svg drawings).
Comments are handled by the core engine and their settings are presently not user-customisable.

The referenced “workarounds” are now obsolete.

Submit an enhancement request.