Invocation of Function from Remote Spreadsheet

Is it possible to invoke a user defined function from another spreadsheet?
I was thinking something similar to the way that you access cells on remote spreadsheets.
So i.e. if I were to access cell A1 from my other spreadsheet i would enter:
=‘file:///home/myhome/remotedocument.ods’#$Sheet1.A1

So if I have a function named HelloWorld in my remote document, is it possible to invoke this function in a similar fashion?
I tried:
=‘file:///home/myhome/remotedocument.ods’#$HelloWorld() but unfortunately it is not working.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

See here.
Unfortunately, in the example MacroTwo is used instead of HelloWorld. :slightly_smiling_face:

First off, thanks for your quick reply :slight_smile:
I looked at the example you have given, but unfortunately it is not quite what I am looking for.
What I am trying two achieve is that if I have two documents A and B, where document B has a stored function named HelloWorld, to get this function to execute in the context of document A.

The interesting part here is that I would like to achieve it using strictly formulas, as this is tailored to my usecase.

In summary:

B
|—> Standard
|—>Hello
|—>HelloWorld

A: =‘path/to/B’.Standard.Hello.HelloWorld

If you could give me some further guidance on whether this can be achieved or not I would be very grateful.

Cheers!

This should not be done for various reasons. One of the reasons is in the illustration
Unreliable Design

1 Like

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:
Even though it is not recommended, I am interested in the POSSIBILITY of achieving it in the way I described for research purposes.

Cheers!

Consider your research complete.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile: