JDBC driver cannot be loaded

Hello,
I am on Linux Kubuntu 22.04 and LibreOffice 7.4.1. and have been using both the Mysql- and the Mariadb-JDBC connectors to Base in the past for years with no problems.
Now, all of a sudden, I keep getting the dreaded “…connector cannot be loaded…” message. I have of course set the Java runtime environment (i.e. Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_321) and Classpath parameter (i.e. /usr/share/mariadb/mariadb-java-client-3.0.7.jar in my case, with that file obviously also present).
Now, when trying to open an .odb file and tables within it, I keep getting the above error message. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
H. Stoellinger

LibreOffice as a container app? Forget it or configure it.

No, LibreOffice - in my case - is NOT a container app…

Good to know.
When I disable Java and restart the office I get the following error when accessing a JDBC database:

The connection to the external data source could not be established. An unknown error occurred. The driver is probably defective. /home/buildslave/source/libo-core/connectivity/source/commontools/dbexception.cxx:400

When I enable Java but remove the driver from the LO class path and restart the office I get this:

The connection to the external data source could not be established. An unknown error occurred. The driver is probably defective. /home/buildslave/source/libo-core/connectivity/source/commontools/dbexception.cxx:400

But I do not get

Hello again,
After a lot of fiddling around I changed the connector to “mysql-connector-java-5.1.46-bin.jar”. Now everything works o.k. Don’t know why the mariadb-connector doesn’t work in my case…
Thanks anyway for trying to help
H. Stoellinger