Libre 4.1 download package cannot be opened by Win7

Trying to get main installer for Libre 4.14 to run in a Win7 environment. Download is OK from http://www.libreoffice.org/download/. I get the following modules:
LibreOffice_4.1.4_Win_x86
LibreOffice_4.1.4_Win_x86.msi.part

When I select the first module to run it, I get the following message from Windows 7:
“This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid
Windows Installer package”

So how do I manage to install LibreOffice?

It’s not noted on the download page because that’s normally not necessary. Double clicking on a file performs the default action on it. Normally on Microsoft Installer files the default is install. I agree with rugslug that you probably hadn’t finished downloading it. If you have a super fast internet connection you may be used to smaller programs downloading in the blink of an eye so that you can install them immediately. LibreOffice is so large that even on the fastest of connections it will still take a minute or two to download.

I just discovered that you can’t just double-click the installer. You need to right click the installer module (by the way, what is downloaded at first is merely a placeholder of zero bytes) and select “install”. Would be nice if this was noted on the download page.

Hi,

Generally, a .part file is a temporary file where your browser is saving the file. Once complete, the filename will no longer have the .part extension. Perhaps, at the time the file was not completed. Once the download is complete and is therefore an .msi file, double clicking it should run the installer.