Libre Write Send / Document not attachment created in Thunderbird

Do you expect any software that you use to be bug-free? Please fix your expectations. LibreOffice does not expect anything like that from its user base; but it’s user base that expects something that can’t be guaranteed (even if being done to the best extent we can).

I expect basic functionality to work unless stated otherwise. I monthly pay Thunderbird and have to find a way to support LibreOffice. But sending a document is not a fringe function certainly if offered in the main menu.

I suggest the Libre Office team to remove the experimental function to attach a document as attachment or clearly declare it that way.

And when a Linux installation isn’t booting because of a conflict between a bootloader code and a specific updated HW configuration, you suggest to declare Linux experimental, as a whole? Please think again, what you are talking about. You have been told that it’s a bug that we would love to fix; I liked your mention that you posted the report. What are you trying to tell in your follow-ups?

https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/en-GB/text/shared/guide/email.html?DbPAR=SHARED#bm_id3153345

this does not work for me

… and works for thousands of other users. And you likely found a bug. And you filed the report. And it will be looked at.

So what are you trying to tell now???

I wonder for who it does work. and what they did to get it work

For me on Ubuntu.

i don´t care about ubuntu I do care about Sending Documents as Email

And so - WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL HERE NOW? Are you a troll, after all that has been said above?

For me on all Windows/Linux systems where I installed LibreOffice so far. I avoid container packages, though.

I join your assessment. (If you stop calling me troll )

What about fedora?

It seems obvious at this point, that you found a bug there, with some specific configuration (and maybe even on many / most current configurations - I have no idea, since I don’t use it). You filed a bug report (as you are possibly aware). Now it’s time for others to look at this bug, try to reproduce, find out how to reproduce (i.e., if there is some specifics, like the suspected container involvement, or maybe something else), and then hopefully fix it.

Did I answer your “What about fedora?” question?

One thought. Does having libreoffice directly access a running email program, potentially expose libreoffice to external hacking?

I ask this because it does not happen when the email porogram is used alone to attach saved documents.

What makes you think LibreOffice accesses a running email program “directly” (and what that “directly” means)? Because, as I explained elsewhere, “it” may well happen, when the document created by LibreOffice for the attachment is inaccessible by an email program, which definitely doesn’t require any direct access, only using paths in different containers.

I would also avoid containers, unfortunately the 24.x for linux-arm64 is currently only available via flatpak!

The classic debian package for linux-arm64 is actually 7.4.7.2

You could always contribute to development of LibreOffice to fix the issue if it doesn’t meet your standards. It is community developed so participation is encouraged.