I’m using libreOffice 18.104.22.168 on a KUbuntu 14.04LTS system with all updates intact. I cannot get the spell checker to work. It says all words are correct. I am English and I’m trying to use English spell check with an English written document. I’ve been using LibreOffice for a few years on different systems and despite reading in multiple places about it being an old bug, I’ve never experienced the problem. Now I have the problem on one of the latest versions of the software.
On the sytesm I’ve reinstalled
myspell-en-gb && myspell-en-us
I’ve purged and re-installed LibreOffice,
- Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages
- User Interface: Default-English USA
- Locale setting: Default-English USA
- Default Languages for Documents
- Wester, Asian,& Complex text layout (CTL) checked
- And checked “Default-English USA, English USA and English USA”
- “For the current document only” is blank
- Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids
- Available Languages modules: The following are checked “Hunspell SpellCheker, Libohyphen Hyphenator, OpenOffice.org New Thesaurus”
- User-defined dictionaries: The following are checked “standard English USA, technical”
- Options: The following are checked “Check spelling as you type, check grammar as you type, check uppercase words”
Tools > Language > For Selection > English USA “is checked”
Tools > Language > For Paragraph > English USA “won’t let me check English USA”
Tools > Language > For All Text > English USA “won’t let me check English USA”
Tools > LanguageTool > Check Text “this is checked”
Update: Trying to click (check) #6 and #7 makes the spell checker work again.
Does anyone know why when I click #6 and #7 a check does not appear in the box, but the spell checker starts working?