LibreOffice 7.1 don't work after windows update

Hi
Two days ago i got a new update for windows 10. Since that update LibreOffice 7.1 doesn’t work. I tried removing and reinstalling but nothing happened.

Any help!

[Edit - Opaque] OP wrote in an answer (answer deleted)

After the update, LibreOffice intro banner (rectangle) does not appear, only the write border of the rectangle appears.

The Writer open a grey screen

• What happened?
  • Does LibreOffice not launch?
  • Does LibreOffice crash on startup?
  • Do you open LibreOffice by trying to launch files?

It would be nice if you describe your problem in a little more detail, thanks.

Test (this is not a solution) whether LibreOffice user profile is causing the issue:

• Start LibreOffice
  • Restart in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Click button Continue in Safe Mode
  • Check LIbeOffice working
  • Provide feedback using add a comment about the test result.

Hello. I found the same issue when version 7.0 refusing to run. Looking around the internet. It looks like an issue with Windows 10 updates. My best solution for you and any other who has the issue where Libre Office will not open. Re-install Libre Office. Do not delete or uninstall the old version. Re-install over the existing program file location. If this is the default location. Nothing will need to be changed for the install. For example: I used “LibreOffice_7.1.1_Win_x64.msi” to grab the latest version. Ran the install program as is from the install program and all is good now. Libre Office opens and functions as normal. Reminder. This does not need to be the latest program. The system just need the re-install to fix the internal error that is driving the program to not open.

Restarting LibreOffice in Safe Mode works fine. Everything run well now.
I try reinstall LibreOffice. I try uninstalling then reinstalling. Nothing works.

Do you have a solution better than running in Safe mode?
Thanks a millions

Do you have a solution better than running in Safe mode?

My comment clearly was declared as “Test (this is not a solution)”. From your test result feedback see my answer for the solution below.

Start the downloaded installation program again. Choose repair option.
That easily solved the problem for me.

@urban

Start the downloaded installation program again.

This may be the solution to another problem but not to this one.

For me it worked perfectly and easy

Believe what you want to believe …

Hello,

thanks for the feedback from the test. There are 2 possible reasons for your problem.

Reason 1 (Check this first and turn to Reason 2, if the following procedure doesn’t fix your problem)

Windows update changed something related to your graphics card (e.g. graphics card driver). The fix for this would be:

• Start LibreOffice
  • Restart in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Select option [o] Configure
  • Select option [x] Disable hardware acceleration (...)
  • Click button: Apply Changes and Restart

Reason 2
Your LibreOffice user profile is corrupt. Perform:

• Start LibreOffice
  • Archive your profile expanding Advanced (click on the word Advanced right above Help button) and click Archive User Profile button
  • Select option [o] Reset if factory settings
  • Select option `[x] Reset entire user profile
  • Click button: Apply Changes and Restart

> I try reinstall LibreOffice. I try uninstalling then reinstalling. Nothing works.

Please note

If a problem is caused by a corrupt user profile or an incorrect LibreOffice setting, reinstalling LibreOffice won’t help at all, since this action won’t touch the user profile. Therefore: Before reinstalling check whether the user profile might be the cause of a problem (and this was what the the test in my comment was about).

Hope one of the procedures fixes your problem.

You are amazing my dear. It works fine now after doing Reason 1 Solution.

I am really appreciated to you :slight_smile:

Clarification to above “Please note” The answer above is correct on the user profile level. However, the re-install answer is also correct on of software package error level. The re-install does not remove the user profile. Again “DO NOT UNISTALL THE ORIGINAL SOFTWARE” All this is achieving is a reset of the software package within Windows 10. No other changes. Nothing is lost. All data exits on the user profile. The re-install refers to the issue of the software package not running do to other items (possible windows 10 updates) preventing the software package from loading. Think of this as an answer to some conditional install error like a power outage in the middle of the initial install. All that is happing to the software package is files getting rewritten to location. Like a software update. Hence the solution on my computer.

@98xrTz1286G5: what you try to clarify? a crystal clear “Note” starting with “If a problem is caused by a corrupt user profile or an incorrect LibreOffice setting, reinstalling LibreOffice won’t help at all”? The answer above is correct, period. It is an answer to a specific user’s problem, had been created by communicating with the user, and got its final shape. Your problem is different, and would need a different Q&A. Your “clarification” here is only confusing.