Libreoffice 7.1 will not populate labels for printing on a sheet

I am trying to set up for printing labels on a 21 label sheet, I got it working fine in Access but that file got corrupted and was then useless. It was being used on a 2007 copy of Access on a Windows 7 Home machine.

I now have a new laptop with Windows 11 and installed LibreOffice 7.1 and am trying to set up to have the labels for Christmas cards, for example, nothing to do with Mail Merge, to be printed simply as was the case in Access. Which also gave me the option to print all or single labels by nominating where on the sheet to print.

I have gone through the process of File-New-Labels and set everything up with all the necessary fields in the set up process, got the right Avery Label L7160, done all the necessary checks and all that comes up is the field information showing in the label in the right position.

What do I have to do to ensure the labels show as label addresses? The database has been registered and the user details have been filled in, alas, nothing!!

Help!

Thanks
altv84

Hello,

There are many posts already regarding labels. Most often it is a step missed in the process. Here are some links to the steps needed and some other issues:

Is there a way to print mailing labels in LibreOffice?

Mail merge prints fields, not merged addresses

Labels start offset for partially used label sheets

Label Printing From Excel Workbook

There is much more if needd.

@Ratslinger

I have just this second chased through this area and found one which suggested the answer. The one where you get it to print and it throws an error flag, say Yes and then print and it prints the requisite addresses. All records or as many as you like.

The view of the page up to Printing just shows the field information. Treat that as the Address and carry on and print and it works OK. Stranger than fiction!!

altv84

1 Like

Thank you for the input.

I realize there is a process, however, it is cumbersome at best.