LibreOffice freezes on save

I have Windows 11 (updated of course) (x86_64) and I updated LibreOffice to 7.6.2.5 the other day and after that I can’t save files. The save process freezes telling me Not Responding. This occurs in all LibreOffice programs, both Writer, Calc and the others.

I have tried to:

• Reinstall Libreoffice 7.6.2.5
  • Start in safe mode and reset my profile
  • Reinstall Windows 11
  • Run Ccleaner
  • Installed LibreOffice 24.2 but the same thing happened there
  • Change to use LibreOffice-dialogs
  • Reverted to 7.6.2.5 with no luck, still freeze.
  • The same hang/freeze happens regardless of whether I choose the save button or goes to the menu and select Save, Save-as and ctrl-s.

I have had to install OpenOffice but would like LibreOffice as I like it better and I have files that work better in LibreOffice…

Does anyone have any tips?

Have you added LibreOffice (soffice.bin) to the Allowed list in your anti virus / anti ransomware program?

See this page for Windows Defender (now Windows Security) and how to add the path for soffice.bin. Note that you might have a different program installed but the method should be similar. Defender Controlled folder access exception for LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

I’m running Windows Defender
“Controlled folderaccess” is not turned on, so I’m not sure what to do. I tried to enable it, grant access to libreoffice (soffice.bin) but the save-box is still freezing when I try to save.
I got two laptops with the same problem.
I’m stuck

I now tried, just for fun, to put the version I had before, version 7.5.9.2, on my two laptops.
Then suddenly, out of the blue, everything seems to be as it should be. Version 7.6.2.5, on the other hand, freezes when trying to save.
Therefore, I think there may be a bug in the Norwegian version for LibreOffice which is available for Windows 11 64bit when it comes to version 7.6.2.5.

It is tdf#157135

It is always best to copy the details from About LibreOffice. Whenever asking a question, see This is the guide - How to use the Ask site? - #3 by Hrbrgr

So fixed versions will be 7.6.6 or 24.2.2

Ah. That was my fault because I followed a link from a prematurely closed bug report, tdf#159557 which relates only to 7.6.5 and 24.2 but was made a duplicate of the one I quoted?!

@abrj I think it would be best if you could create a bug report. See How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki