Libreoffice very slow

when working with an odt file i find that editing on it is versy slow with libreoffice writer

the file:
الطريقة المحمدية.odt (38.0 KB)

—version and os info
Version: 24.2.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 420(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.10; UI render: default; VCL: kf6 (cairo+wayland)
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
24.2.5-2
Calc: threaded

Not sure about it but you have a single paragraph starting in page 2 extending up to page 39 (your page numbers may differ because your font is not present in my system). Paragraphs are not supposed to be as long as this. The whole paragraph is needed before flowing text. Such a long one puts a heavy stress on the process.

Also why do you print white on white? Do you intend to implement steganography? Don’t direct format for visual attributes. It may also contribute to the issue. My guess is you have black theme on your computer. In case of need, colour should then be set to Automatic in Default Paragraph Style so that it forwards to all others (apparently it is done; so why this white-colour direct formatting?).

1 Like

i have extracted that file from another software so that it become one paragraph, i will try to export it in a different way.
and for the colors, i’m using a dark theme: the background of the document is black. and the white color came from that software, i will clear all the formatting and see if the problem is fixed.

coping the text in a new document as unformatted text and dividing the long paragraph into smaller ones make the editing of the file easier and faster. thank you.