LO prints landscape after upgrade to macOS high sierra

I’ve used LO for years. I didn’t have any problems at all until I upgraded to High Sierra.

When I click on File > Print, the paper icon is in portrait mode but the text prints from right to left. The problem isn’t the printer because it prints out a test page with the correct orientation.

Now LO freezes & slows to a crawl. I’ve tried everything. I uninstalled LO & then reinstalled it. I downloaded & installed NeoOffice. No problem. I installed Apache Open Office (AOO). No problem. AOO is based on an older version of LO. I was surprised when AOO printed a test page of 1 of my documents in the correct orientation. Apparently this is a common problem for people that have upgraded to High Sierra. I have LO set as default. I prefer LO to AOO because LO supports .docx but AOO doesn’t. Now I have to edit .docx documents in LO & then open them in AOO to print them. I really don’t want to have 2 office suites on my Mac.

I hope that LO comes out with a fix very soon.

Concerning the problem with paper orientation I can only point you to one of the respective threads. The issue is reported as a bug. I don’t know when it will be fixed. The situation will not get better if there is every day a new question about this here. Bugs arte discussed at bugs.documentfoundation.org .
I hope the workarounds described in the linked thread will also work for you.

Quoting @Macnerd: “Now LO freezes & slows to a crawl.”
(Freeze and slow down? On what occasions the one / the other?)
This is a different issue not mentioned in the subject of your question. You should search for answered questions on the problem and post a new one if you don’t find a sufficient similar one. (You may try “mac slow down”.)