No update option in Tools menu

Thank you - doing the Change > Modify worked !!

Any idea how do I get the Show Tip of the Day and Search Commands listed on the Menu. I didn’t see anything in Optional Components that looked like it would work, unless it’s a subfeature of something.

While on the subject of missing items, I don’t have any help files under Help > LibreOffice Help. I go to the website and a link says Help for offline use: English (US) (Torrent,Info). I see “Torrent” and it makes me stop. I presume this is safe because it’s through LibreOffice?

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to help.

Maybe select more optional components; my installation has English, French and Spanish dictionaries selected as installed plus all other optional components except the deprecated ActiveX Control

You don’t have to use Torrent link, click the link immediately before that says something like English(GB). You can click the info link to get the SHA number to check the download, right-click the downloaded file and on Windows 10 select CRC SHA > SHA

If you take a moment to hover your mouse over the various parts of that Help line you’ll see there are three different links associated; one for Help for offline use: English (GB) one for (Torrent, and one for Info)

1 Like

Thanks again

Would you mind retitling this question to something like “No update options on Windows (menus)”? Please also consider setting my answer as the (least bad) “solution”.

LibreOffice unfortunately doesn’t really provide an “update option” on Microsoft Windows (at this time). To update, I recommend to download a new version and run the installer to install over. Installing the Online Update feature/component will facilitate future updates.

@EarnestAl’s post #20 explains why our installs were missing the menu items and interface elements which others have.

Version: 24.2.1.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 359ef544e625d2ffbfced462ab37bd593ca85fa7
CPU threads: 16; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22631; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: es-ES (es_ES); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded