No usable internal hyperlinks when exported as PDF

Hi, I don’t know if anyone can help with this. The only topic I could find that had my specific problem was solved by a method that I already attempted and which came up empty for me.

I was attempting to add local hyperlinks that would allow the viewer to easily navigate back and forth through the pages/slides in the document. I had a row of rectangles to act like buttons and hyperlinked to the specific pages and everything was working really nice until I exported as pdf.
I opened the pdf in Adobe Acrobat Reader and tried the link, I picked allow on the little pop-up, and nothing happened. I clicked the link again, the same pop-up popped up and I clicked allow again, still nothing.
So, I went back into the original document and instead of adding a hyperlink under the Insert menu, I clicked on the Interaction button in toolbar. When I added the action to jump to a slide from there, it worked until I exported as a PDF and again nothing happened. Only this time REALLY nothing. It acted like there was nothing there to be clicked on at all, no pop-ups and still stuck on the same slide. I’m not really sure what to do now😅 Please Help😵

Please upload an ODF type sample file here with some hyperlinks embedded.

What is the version number of your LibreOffice?

As a work-around: In PDF export apply bookmarks. When viewing the PDF file enable display of bookmarks. - Cheers

TestChooseurownadventure.odp (619.2 KB)

The version of LibreOffice I’m using is 6.0.7.3.

Goto Insert > Hyperlink. Insert the following:

Export as PDF and see that it works (testet with LO 7.4.7.2 on debian 11 bullseye).
If you choose button instead of text it won’t work for some reason. Maybe a bug?

2 Likes

Thank You! That seems to have solved it for now :smiley: