Override system dark theme on Windows?

It wasn’t a problem on version 7.3-something but just appeared after updating to 7.4.2.3. So it’s either a bug or a change of default behaviour (is there a setting to change it?).

The universal app theme is set to dark in Windows settings, since I want dark theme everywhere except WYSIWYG word processing (because paper is white, dark menus look odd).

LibreOffice pulls this system theme setting and makes the file/edit/view etc menu backgrounds dark (I dislike the modern ribbon layout - the greatest among many advantages over MS Word). The text of these menus remains black, making it nearly impossible to read on a dark grey background. Strangely, it doesn’t make the LibreOffice theme dark though. I’ve found options to force a theme and to force the document view into dark mode, but I can’t find any option which affects the file/edit/view etc menu colour.

Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing:

-----------------------Software info-----------------------
LibreOffice version: 7.4.2.3 (x64)
Windows edition: 11 Home
Windows version: 22H2
Windows build: 22621.674
Windows Experience Pack: 1000.22634.1000.0

-----------------------Hardware info-----------------------
CPU: Intel i3-12100F
GPU: AMD Radeon RX6600
GPU driver version: 22.10.1
Monitor: 1440p, 10bpc, Full RBG 4:4:4, HDR off

This looks like a bug, so please report at Bugzilla:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_severity=normal

I don’t think you can do much yourself besides switching skia on/off, but it would surprise me, if this changes anything in your case.
So you may have to use an older Version until this is fixed. Dark-Mode for Win is quite new, so I assume we have to expect some glitches…

Have you looked at this question, Black text on black background for dropdowns in dark color mode setting? ?

I have the same issue, so I’m going to comment here in hopes of reviving the thread.

See this recent answer LibreOffice 7.5 - change from dark mode to normal - #12 by mikekaganski

Showing development version resolving
Bug 153229 - [RFE] Please provide a user preference to disable inheriting the system UI theme