MacOS 11.2.2
LibreOffice 7.1.5.2
.odt
page numbers test.odt

Why is this happening?

1. I’ve Inserted page numbers this way:

2. It looks like this:

3. When I close and reopen the document the page number changes to this:

Please edit your question to mention OS name (looks like MacOS, but which version?), LO version and file format (.odt or .doc(x)?).

For best diagnostic, attach (with the “paperclip” tool which is not available in a comment) the sample file.

Please do not use Add Answer but edit your original question to enhance the details of your question (answers are reserved for solutions to a problem on this Q&A site).

It looks like a bug - could you file it?

Not sure about the fix because I’m not familiar with Nepali and have not this language installed.

Nepali is a “complex layout language”. Therefore you must enable in Tools>Options (Preferences menu in MacOS), Language Settings>Languages the Complex text layout option and select Nepali(Nepal) (or your preferred language) from the menu.

This allows to select more page number formats. Of course, don’t forget to “type” your text as Nepali.

When this is done, saving and reopening the file shows that formatting is kept.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer which is reserved for solutions) or comment the relevant answer.