Paste special transpose function missing in 6.0.4

I have not found the function here described: Rotating Tables (Transposing) - LibreOffice Help

I do not find the dialog where to mark “Paste all” and “Transpose” (I remember it was there in earlier version)

@Marazza - What OS are you using? Depending on whether you’re running Win, OSX, or some kind of Linux, there could be some other decent options for “flipping” a table, or transposing COLs to ROWs, if you need to do this a lot. (See this StackOverflow Q&A for example.) But some solutions are OS dependent. What have you got?

Dear David I have got OSX El Capitain 10.11.6

The instructions at your link work perfectly for me (LibO v. 6.0.4.5). For me:

• select then copy (or cut) your range;
  • right click in the cell you want to paste to;
  • choose Paste Special > Paste Special...
  • then in the pop-up, make sure “Transpose” is checked:

screenshot

• Click OK. Done!

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

Thank you David your answer is very clear. My fault I pasted a link related to Calc however my question was related to Writer. I remember that it was possible to transpose rows/columns in tables in a text document. The Calc function is perfectly working. To my purpose I have to work on a text table and not on a spreadsheet.

PS: I promise I won’t post anymore as a community wiki

@Marazza - I don’t recall that ever being a feature in Writer, and a quick websearch suggests that is the case. There are at least a couple “work-arounds”, though, depending on whether your transposing COL to ROW, or the other way around. What is you want to do?

Hi David. I have to transpose columns to rows. I made a trial and copied columns in CALC, transposed them and then I pasted back the row as unformatted text in Writer. Then I converted the row in a table using the command convert>text to table. Not exactly a smooth work-around if you have to do that many times.
Do you have any alternative suggestion?
However I think this a (minor) missing feature. Thanks again for being there.