paste to external application does not work in new installation of libre office

Just did a complete clean reinstallation of Ubuntu on my desktop & consequent reinstallation of Libre Office.
24 hrs ago I could paste a few words of text into Libre Writer, use Find & Replace to change all the spaces, switch the font to lowercase, copy & paste back into a browser window where I am working.

After the reinstallation, this does not work. I can copy & paste as normal within Libre Office, but to paste externally all I get is the original copy material from the ubuntu clipboard.

I have tried copying and pasting into a simple text file & the result is the same, only the original data copied will be pasted unless I paste into Libre Office itself, then the edited results are shown correctly.

How to resore the functionality in Libre Office so I can paste from there elsewhere?

Thanks for any help.
Lenovo X1 Carbon hardware.
Fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, 64bit
Libre Office:
Version: 6.4.7.2
Build ID: 1:6.4.7-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.8; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

@astur, I don’t understand what you don’t understand. I thought I’d explained the issue quite clearly & gave the OS info…? The paste function outside of Libre Writer after copying text Inside libre writer doesn’t work. On fresh install of completely new Ubuntu & Libre Office.

Are you using any kind of clipboard “manager”?

@BigRAI I don’t use anything fancy to cut/copy & paste, never have done. As I stated at the top of my original post, it’s a Clean Install. Previously, I habitually copied a string of text - for example “THIS IS Something That I might USE”… but for SEO purposes etc, I remove the caps & spaces to get “this-is-something-i-might-use”. Until we completely reinstalled everything I could copy such a line of text from any application, paste it into Libre Writer, use Find & Replace to fix all the formatting issues, then copy the new text & paste into the web browser on the page I’m working on.

Since the reinstallation including “upgrade” to the latest versions of both Ubuntu & Libre Office, this capability does not work at all. Copying in Libre Writer will NOT paste outside Writer with the changes intact.

@KatD,

see if the answer to this question by @erAck helps.