Permanently corrupted default style (has become hyperlink style)

Under some unidentified circumstances the default formatting of the word document I’m working on gets altered permanently and becomes that of the hyperlink text with the following side effects:
-when I clear the default formatting (Ctrl+D, Right-click → Clear Direct formatting, or Ctrl+M), the hyperlink style is applied to the text.
-when I close and open the document, some text is automatically altered with the hyperlink style.
-when I copy/paste content from the affected document to a new document, the problem spreads to the new document

Here is the troubleshooting I tried unsuccessfully to far:
-saving the document to another file (whether same format or not).
-resetting the Default style.
-selecting the whole document with Ctrl+A, changing the style manually to something else than default, save, open again.

All I know is:
-I’ve witnessed this issue for years now (It used to affect Openoffice the same way, and I have the same problem with LibreOffice 3.5.5).
-I’ve seen the issue affecting other people (friends/colleagues).
-It affects all formats I work with: .odt, .doc, .docx.
-I was unable to find a solution on Google.

Is anybody experiencing the same issue? Are there any known solutions/workarounds out there?

Have you tried resetting the user profile? http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile. Many times solve strange issues.

Hi @asdasdasdasdasdasd,

If installing the latest release doesn’t seem to fix this problem, please file a bug and provide a list of steps that can reproduce your problem. I know you’ve said that you have had some trouble tracking down reliable repro steps, but give it your best shot – perhaps your problem has already been reported by another user.

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!