Press Ctrl+A in a header to select all text there, moves cursor to body text

Playing with the document in How do you set a fixed header height?, I found that when you want to select all text in a header by pressing Ctrl+A, it moves the cursor to the body text instead.
Version: 7.3.5.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 392c644e8a6d1ea0765aa2d613a91bcef808d6ea
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); UI: nl-NL
Calc: threaded; Ubuntu Linux 20.04.4 LTS.
It also happened in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11, so it’s apparently old behavior. Should this be considered as a bug?

Doesn’t happen here with LO 7.3.4.2 under Fedora 36 with KDE Plasma desktop (VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)).
Is it possible that under some OS+widget combination, Ctrl+A, is considered to apply only to main text flow? A header is stored apart, in a page style. So it needs some logic to decide which data is selected. Just thinking aloud.
If it doesn’t behave the same on all platforms, then it is a bug indeed.

EDIT
I made my test on a blank document. I get the same behaviour on the sample document. This is then related to the specific document.

UPDATE
Something is definitely broken in the sample document. The check boxes are ineffective in the page style configuration.
Even deleting the header and recreating it doesn’t allow to recover the usual behaviour, while everything is OK in a fresh document.

1 Like

I see no problem in LO 7.2.7.2 on Windows 6.3
Ctrl+A selects the header.

EDIT:
Expected behavior with:
Version: 7.2.3.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 20(Build:2)
CPU threads: 1; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: es-MX (es_ES.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

I can confirm the same behaviour as @anon87010807 on:

Version: 7.3.5.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 184fe81b8c8c30d8b5082578aee2fed2ea847c01
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1 Service Pack 1 Build 7601; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); UI: en-GB
Calc: threaded

1 Like