Problem with Field Alignment on Report

Hello. I am trying to learn LibreOffice Base, version 7.5 (64-bit), with embedded HSQLDB, on a Windows 10 desktop.
Even though I have set two fields to have a “top” vertical alignment, they display with a “bottom” vertical alignment:

• The Nutrition field is drawn just below Message field. Its properties are: AutoGrow=Yes. Vertical Align=Top.
  • The fldProcedure is drawn at the top of its section, with AutoGrow=Yes. Vertical Align=Top.

YET these two fields appear far below where they should be on the page.

In addition, the “AutoGrow” setting is very buggy… sometimes it reverts back to No (even after I’ve saved the report and database).
    Is there another configuration setting somewhere else that is overriding my individual field settings in Properties?
    Thanks!

Hello,
There is an outstanding bug (and work around) for AutoGrow → tdf#131664
As for the other issue of top/bottom my test shows no problem. Please post a redacted sample showing the problem. See edit 2 below.
Edit:
Just an FYI. Another question with recipes and report issues now fixed → How to create report that can be used as a cookbook - #14 by Conn13
Edit 2:
Regarding the Nutrition field being low, this seems to do with your design. fldRecipeDescription is most likely set to AutoGrow With that growth all else moves down so “Nutrition” is on the same line with “Serves”.
Another issue being the Page Footer; it is added from bottom and depends upon measurements you applied to the footer and therefore leaving the gap from the ingredients.
It may be this is all because of your design and not an issue with Top/Bottom. Instead of a Page header & footer, use a Group Header and footer. That will correct the fldProcedure issue.

Thanks for your help, @Ratslinger !

AutoGrow bug: Because I had already built my labels into the Query settings, I had deleted the labels in the Report… so I guess that introduced the bug. To work around, I reinserted these fields, and made the labels extremely small with a white font to make them disappear.
You were right…. changing to the Group Footer fixed the problem with the Procedure field alignment. Thanks so much!
I have 5 databases in Access that I want to eventually convert over to Base, and I chose to learn with my least-important database… but I must say this has been quite a challenge! Resetting my User Profile did not fix the quirkiness issues, so I will probably just start from scratch with my next databases and use Firebird.
THANKS SO MUCH for all your help!

You have noted issues here and in another question but I see nothing definitive. Cannot help with your problems if they are not defined. Just as this post revealed aspects you were not aware of, posting the other issues may also have answers.

It’s hard for me to nail down specifics with what I’m seeing… because so many of these problems “come and go.” For example, the only reason I was using a Page Header (instead of the Group Header) for the original report is because none of the header/footer data would display… the only thing visible on the report was the detail section. So I used the Page Header/Footer instead and the data displayed, but caused problems with the alignment.

Yet TODAY, when I went back and re-did it again, it worked just fine. I’m sure some of these problems are “operator error” (lol).