Recover unsaved document?

I lost an unsaved/unnamed document when my computer lost power. Normally when I restart libre in this situation I get an option to recover but not this time. Unfortunately, I’ve just realized that autosave was turned off by default. Any way to get this back? Thanks!

I’ve just realized that autosave was turned off by default.

There is no autosave at all, hence it could not be turned off. Probably you mean option [x] Always create a backup copy but this only takes action on saving the document and won’t help in your case, since you obviously did save not even once.

There is also the autorecovery option. Personally, I’ve switched if off. It does not prevent LO from recovering documents in case of crash. I’ve never really investigated but not sure what is the exact benefit of this option.

It does not prevent LO from recovering…

“Additionally, in case of a crash LibreOffice tries automatically to save AutoRecovery information for all open documents, if possible.”

Source: Saving Documents Automatically

Ah thanks, had never noticed that. I guess that most of the time I was lucky enough that LO could eventually save some autorecovery information after crashes.

Check in the /backup folder of your LO profile: LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki

If nothing inside, then I fear it’s lost.

Some hints here also, look at the temporary files: [Tutorial] The Dreaded Pound Signs: file reduced to #### (View topic) • Apache OpenOffice Community Forum

To show the community your question has been answered, please click the image description next to the best answer to make it , and/or “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answer. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!