Right and left page layout, export page 5 as PDF

Hello all,

I have a document with content mainly in the right pages (but in some pages the content overflows to the left page). page to PDF.odt (199.9 KB)

I need to export as PDF the 3rd right page (hignlighted in the screenshot), that is the 4th visible page; but it’s the 5th page listed.

If I export as PDF page 4,
imagen
I get it.

The status bar says that the highlighted page is page 5.
imagen

But if I export as PDF page 5, I get the page with the number 4, that is the 5th visible page (last page in the first screenshot).

So, the question: Is there a way to know which page number I need to choose when my document has many pages (more than I can count in the screen)?

I am not working with page numbers, but it could be a possibility if inserted where the numbers are in the screeshot. in right pages, page number count is 1, 3, 5, etc., but I need 1, 2, 3, and in the next day document I need 4, 5, etc.

Thanks in advance.

A bit related topic: Page count in new document is wrong - #8 by LeroyG

Puzzling. I also tried to print to file and get the same result.

It looks like the print/export function relies on real “physical” page, omitting auto-inserted blank pages. Therefore, it is next to impossible to predict the “physical” page number of a long document where these blank pages appear quite randomly (depending on the “volume” of the last bits of chapters).

Submit a bug and I’ll support it.

1 Like

Thanks. This is the clue: blank pages.

imagen

So, maybe no bug here. Thanks again.