SAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: p line 2 and hyperlink

Hi! Could someone please help? Something happened and I cannot load my document fully, the error is ‘SAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: p line 2 and hyperlink’. Thank you! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WRbKp-M4f_LxQN1ctJ-N5qPGJS-PqJvX/view

Access denied.

please try now :slight_smile: thank you so much!

It still tells me “request access”. No I will not request anything.

I’m sorry, not very savvy with permissions apparently, this should work

I know it says ‘this doc is private’, but I’ve updated the access so it can be edited by anyone who has the link :slight_smile:

When loading the file, LibreOffice prompts

Do you want to ignore the error and attempt to continue loading the file?

The resulting document looks like a typical Word document (ugly and full of direct formatting)but it does not look broken.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=18XwLCVE9WMg2SrgeXOBG3_possWOq3P5

This is the problem :wink: - the file after such a warning is only 9 pages long, when it should have more than 60. Initially OOo (and LO, and AOO) opened these files without warning, silently doing the same as happens today when user agrees to continue. And when in some version, we started to show error, and later re-introduced an option to continue - but only after the warning - it was considered a “regression” by many, and some even claimed that “AOO can open these files, while LO can’t”. And AOO users can be fooled even today, opening such a file “without a problem”, not realizing it cut off most of the content.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! You’re a life saver! :smiley:

I can download the file. It cannot be opened in Word 365. When I unpack the file I see xml-structure errors in part document.xml. I edit it in NodePad++ with XML plugin. On save the XML plugin shows the problematic “hyperlink” tags. After I have deleted these tags, it could be saved. The resulting .docx file can be opened in Word 365 and is 68 pages long. You will need to newly add the lost hyperlinks. But the file is too large to attach it here. Please send me (rb.henschel@t-online.de) an email and I can sent it to you directly.

Sorry Mike, I have not noticed, that you have already repaired it.

@Regina yes; it was tdf#149996, fixed in 7.5.3. @IevaGri used 7.3.0 (it is unbelievable how many users use not only older versions, but also even not latest bugfix point version of those)…

I try to fix the corrupt documents arriving to the Ask site, partially because I see patterns (like “now it’s a period where recent fixes to change tracking created a surge of corruptions”), and I hope to find a reproducer allowing to file a corresponding bug (and find the problematic change). It is not trivial, though; my manual fixes often do not produce a broken file when saved again, so obviously some procedure from affected users is needed in that case, but it’s also tricky to obtain.

1 Like

Hello, I have a similar problem. please help me

trabajo.docx (164.6 KB)

trabajo.docx (164.6 KB)

1 Like

tks, you are the best :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: