Scrollbars too thin II

My scrollbars in calc are too thin. They are razor thin. It is very hard to click on them. I followed the instructions that are linked to this post and made the suggested changes, but to no avail.
I am using Libre Office 7.5.4.2 on Ubuntu 18.04.06

PS I hope I have selected the correct category for this post

Wherever you installed LibreOffice 7.5, open the file “soffice” in the program subdirectory of the installation path as root:
sudo nano /opt/libreoffice7.5/program/soffice
Add the following line somewhere below the first line.
export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen
Save and close the file, restart LibreOffice.
Now you have a classical LibreOffice look with thick scrollbars among other benefits.

And other ugly looking things you maybe do not want… and possibly less system integration.

Apart from that, rather create and use a wrapper script that exports that variable and then calls soffice, instead of modifying the original script which modification may get in the way when updating (i.e. changed distributed file) and will get overwritten when updating.

SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen libreoffice7.5 starts LibreOffice in generic mode without modification to the start script.
No matter how ugly this mode may be, my documents with form controls work in the same ways as they work on MS Windows. Forms are more important to me than gtk bling.