Shortcut to "next/previous page" in Writer

In libreOffice Writer, on the “Find Bar” there are 2 arrows (up and down) see attached image. When “Page” is selected (in the drop down menu to their left), the 2 arrows make the current document jump to “Next page” or “Previous Page”, which is extremely useful to me. How can I assign keyboard shortcuts to them?
Please note that the default keyboard buttons “PageUp” and “PageDown” do a different thing: ie jumping to next screen (not page). Thank you.

(inline display fixed by ajlittoz)

“PageUp” and “PageDown” is good buttons. Try to press it with hold Alt

@Sid65: this site is not a forum but a Question & Answer one. The correct way to tell the community the question is solved is not adding "[Solved] to the title but clicking on the grey checkmark at left of correct answer. This will be interpreted by the site engine and the question will be accordingly flagged in the database.

In case you’d like to select your own answer and the karma system doesn’t let you do so, just tell and someone else will do (in 7 days at least due to delay rules).

@ajlittoz: sorry about that. I removed [solved] from the title. Can you or anyone else please click that checkmark for me?

@Sid65: since I am not the owner of the question, I must wait until March 25th to be able to do that.

You will need to add the shortcut yourself.

Click on Tools > Customise, in the dialog that opens, select the tab Keyboard.

As JohnSUN suggests Alt+PageDownDown and Alt+PageUpUp arrows are normally free, so in the top pane scroll down to those and check that they are free. If so, click on Alt+PageDownDown to select it.

In the pane Category scroll down and click on Navigate

In the pane Function scroll down and select To Beginning of Next Page. Click the button Modify

Repeat for Alt+PageUpUp but select To Beginning of Previous Page*. OK to close. Cheers, Al

[Edit 1: On my laptop Alt+PageDown also adds :heart: (U+2665) on release of Alt key, and Alt+PageUp adds another character. Better to use Alt+Down and Alt+Up (arrow keys) as no oddity found. It might be to do with my Page Keys being shared with numbers so involves NumLock too]

[Edit 2: :heart: is caused by Mouse keys. In Windows go to Settings > Ease of Access > Mouse. Check if this option is turned on - ‘Use Mouse Keys when Numlock is on’. If it is, turn it off. If this option is on it can disable/confuse the entering of Alt codes]

1 Like

If you want top of next page at top of screen then this question 293269 might help

Thank you for your replay, @Earnest AI, but the function “To Beginning of Next/Previous Page” is not what I was looking for, because it does not “center the page on the screen”, like the 2 buttons on “Find Bar” do. I figured out that the correct functions for that behavior are “Next Element” and “Previous Element”. (when “Page” is selected in the drop down menu"). See image:

Italian interface : “Pgsu”=“Page Up”; “Pggiù”=“Page Down”.

Hope this can help someone else.