Simple formatting

I want to shift my text in a document across the page to give me a margin on the left, (where there is an image on a picture layer) but for some reason when I highlight the lines, the tab stop I usually use to do this disappears.

The only way I can accomplish my task is to place the cursor at the beginning of each line and move each line manually…

I have tried inserting the text into a previously formatted document, and it ignores the formatting and still hides the tab stop, but without the additional text the tab stop remains visible - and works!

I have tried sending the picture layer to the back - but that shift all the text to the next page and cannot be reinserted on top of the picture layer.

Is there a reason why selecting more than one line now makes the tab to shift text disappear??

Thanks

Help us so that we can help you.
Which operating system and which version of LibreOffice are you using?
What file format are you saving in?
And upload a sample file with the error here.
Thank you very much.

If the image is anchored to paragraph and Wrap set to parallel, optimal, before or after (also set Borders padding to prevent text being hard up against the image) then the image and the text can exist together, the text moving out of the way for the image. No need to specially format the text.

You can even contour the image if it is suitable.

WrapTextToImage.odt (157.6 KB)

The Writer Guide is a useful tool, download from English documentation | LibreOffice Documentation - LibreOffice User Guides