Softmaker FreeOffice Conversion to LibreOffice Document Not Working

I switched from Softmaker Freeoffice to LibreOffice very recently. I did so, because whenever I had a pertinent question not answered in all the logical FO/Info or on the web . . . I asked them. Their response time/answer was close to never, or the answer was “were working on that”? These were not complicated, or extraordinarily odd questions by any means. I expected more, considering all the great reviews.

So, I gave up. Researched LibreOffice. Looked far better. Downloaded.

This is my problem . . . opening documents I have saved in FreeOffice, are not opening in tact or at all in LibreOffice! Always look through basic information on the FreeOffice module how to site, before going forward. In fact I’ll do a web search before I ask for more help from LibreOffice.

I know this LO site is user run, but most of the answers either don’t work, or the responder answers a question that I didn’t ask, or sends me on some ludicrous wild goose chase.

Newly created documents in LibreOffice are just fine. But . . . converting from LO’s top competitors should be number 1 on their list of tasks. Just doesn’t seem to be though!

Most of the documents I use are originally MS Powerpoint. Some Excel and Word documents.

EDIT_01

I am aware these are free solutions, but if they don’t work . . . . ???

To “ebot” This is the “pptx” version of this file. This site will not allow “prdx/Softmaker” file types.

Uploaded a sample file that was originally powerpoint, and now opens in Softmaker/Presentations. This document has 5 pages with text. When I “open” in LO it brings in only the first page. This is the case with most multi page documents I try to open in LO.

p.s. Not sure what you mean by “how does that fit together”? Looked at platform info, but it doesn’t change my dilema.

Acer Aspire Specs as of 9-14-19.pptx

Almost ready to move on to a more usable platform.

Which one?

Compare yourself.

• Can you upload sample files here?
  • To upload, edit your initial question. Thank you.
  • Don’t write an answer.

Softmaker FreeOffice Conversion - and - Most of the documents I use are originally MS Powerpoint. Some Excel and Word documents.

How does that fit together?

Can anyone change my mind?

No - your mind is your’s

How does that fit together?

As far as I know, Softmaker’s vendor has licensed Microsoft libraries, so the files produced by that office suit are basically genuine MS flies. Well, should be in theory.

Almost ready to move on to a more usable platform

Oh, do it ASAP and stop bulshitting here.

Thanks for your assistance Gabix. Didn’t think there were Trolls here. Guess I was wrong!

Here are two PDFs created from your attached pptx (note that I had to rename them to ODG because of site’s limitations, so you need to rename them back to PDF):

15793650881741586-Powerpoint.pdf

15793650881741586-Impress.pdf

The first is created in MS Powerpoint 2016, and the second in Impress 6.4.0.2. They are ~identical.

This is the “pptx” version of this file. This site will not allow “prdx/Softmaker” file types

If this is not the file that has the problem, it’s useless. You may simply change the problematic file’s extension to one of supported, and mention that in text.