Something wrong with justified alignment at font changes but only for one page? RTL

This is a problem on one page of quite a big rtl file — currently 60 pages of a4 text, and growing. When I insert a carriage return it goes away, but I don’t want to have a carriage return there, it’s all one paragraph.

As requested, I’ve attached a small excerpt (a few pages) in the original format which shows the same problem. It appears on the second to last page in the excerpt.
example.odt (58.4 KB)

Just in case it’s not visible when you open the example (maybe you don’t have the same custom typefaces as I have installed) I’ve also included a screenshot to show the problem

A screenshot not showing non-printing characters can’t tell us anything about what may be wrong here. Please upload a small document showing the problem. You can edit your first post to do so, that is better than posting a comment.

done! thank you for letting me know

It looks just fine on my pc. Ubuntu and LO 7.5.5.2. It also looks completely different from the screenshot - I have much more text on a line than in the screenshot.

I noticed that you engaged in heavy manual or, as we call it here, direct formatting. It is strongly recommended that you don’t use the formatting tools in the toolbars (I know that sounds very silly but bear with me) but organize your formatting in styles. At first that seems tedious, in the long run it’s a big time saver. So, in the default paragraph style, set the font and font size to the font you want instead of using the fonts list, set Alignment to centered and so on. Then remove the direct formatting (select text and then Ctrl+M, you may want to do that in parts if you applied formatting like bold or italics to individual words that you want to keep).

What do you mean exactly?

Apart from the excessive direct formatting mentioned by @anon87010807, I don’t see anything special in your document (but I can’t read Hebrew). The only “unusual” trait is very long paragraphs (~2.5 pages long) and no spacing between them. I don’t know if readers can easily follow the discourse in this case. I don’t see many punctuations, save for colons here and there. Is the text structured in phrases or is it a sequence of enumerations (list)?

Since you are in a RTL language, you should probably modify the page style (Default Page Style) to switch the foot note separator from left to right.

That overlapping of characters looks like a variable font problem. I don’t have your fonts on my computer so I get a substitute.
You have 7.3.2.2 which does not handle variable fonts nearly as well as 7.5.5.2, see image below
VariableFontGeorama

The meta.xml in your document says MacOSX_X86_64. LibreOffice 7.5 requires macOS 10.14 or newer to run, 7.4 requires macOS 10.13, & 7.3 requires macOS 10.12

Either upgrading to a newer version of LibreOffice if possible (7.3.7.2 is available but no better for variable fonts), or changing the font(s) might fix the problem. The font Ezra SIL SR might be implicated.

Why have so many different fonts in a single paragraph?