'Special Characters' Icon

Windows 10 – LibreOffice 7.4.3.2
What I’m trying to do.
-Add an icon
Special Character Icon
for the ‘Special Characters’ in a Writer document.

What I’ve tried.
-Looked in Icon packs to download and also searched installed LO icons.

Also, I have the ‘Character Map’ link in my taskbar to open panel, BUT need to add the icon when writing a document. Do not need to add a ‘Special Character’ but just the icon.

I am a bit confused, the icon you show is from Windows Character Map (%windir%\system32\charmap.exe) which is nothing to do with LibreOffice. Presumably, you could extract it from the executable.
CharacterMapIcon

If you want the LibreOffice Special Character icon for icon style Breeze (svg) it is at C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\config\images_breeze_svg.zip\cmd\lc_charmapcontrol.svg I presume it is a similar path for other icon styles. I can’t post directly as svg so embedded in a Writer document.
SpecialCharacterSVG.odt (10.6 KB)

Please take a look to
https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/shared/guide/edit_symbolbar.html?DbPAR=SHARED#bm_id3159201

@mariosv this not quite what I was thinking with my question.
i.e., When I’m writing a document and want to make a reference to the ‘Special Characters’ it would be nice to add the icon as a reference to what I’m talking about.

In short, it may only be possible by adding the ‘Omega’ to indicate this.

Once you have the icon, you can paste it into the Gallery. From there you can paste it back into a document at any time.

The Gallery in LibreOffice

Hi and thanks for your answer.
Perhaps I may not be clear in my question. So let’s just pretend to be writing a letter in LO to ‘Joe’.

“Hi Joe, it is nice to hear about your studies and using LibreOffice. Did you know that you can access Special Documents [icon] to add information?”

Yes, you can drag the desired image from the Gallery when you type the letter into the desired position. You can anchor the images more than one way. Use the “as character” option.
The “Icons” are small graphical objects. The Gallery can store your collected images.

2 Likes

Do you think it should look like this?

The icon here is a PNG file and of course has no function.

Is the icon needed only once or several times?
Or should other icons be inserted as well?

Thank you, @Hrbrgr @Zizi64, @EarnestAl for taking the time to answer my question.
Your solutions are good to know.
To answer your questions @Zizi64 Yes, I have been doing that so far and it is beneficial.
@Hrbrgr The icon is only for one time, but will use both yours and @Zizi64 solutions from time to time.
PS., I am sorry to be so unclear in my questions. :slight_smile: My initial question was about the using the Windows icon, as @EarnestAl corrected me on.
No confusion now on my part….everything is clear now.