Spell check flagging email addresses with red underline - how to stop?

I found an old answer here

which works - but only temporarily. As soon as I close the spreadsheet and reopen later, the red lines are back under every email address. This is a list over over 100 emails, which I open fairly often, so I’d prefer not to have to reapply this formatting trick every time I open the spreadsheet. I hoped I could use wildcards (ie. “@”) to resolve this, but it appears you can’t manually define Spell Check exceptions. I also tried conditional formatting (Cell value > contains > “@” – custom style with Language set to [None]) but cannot make it work. If I apply the custom style directly to the column containing the email addresses, it works as expected, but again it reverts when I next open the spreadsheet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
lcase

Apologies, I am a new poster and seem to have unintentionally created formatting - the wildcard strings I attempted were actually " * @ * " without the spaces.

Do you save this as .ods/ in Calcs own format or is this some xls or csv? And just to be sure: Do you save at all?

The language/code used is Markdown.
To prevent chars from being interpreted use the code symbol </> in the editor, wich surrounds the text with backticks.
For longer parts use a line of three backticks at beginning and end.

tdf#45949 and tdf#152492 have handled this for Writer; you are welcome to file a bug report about Calc.

Apologies for the delay in responding, but this was correct and I thank you. I inherited these spreadsheets with my job and they are sort of randomly saved in both formats. Saving a new copy as .ods solved my problem. Much appreciated!