Spreadsheet displays at 1/4 size

This seems closely related to:

but that solution no longer works (because there is no ‘Use OpenGL’ option to be found).

As before, Column Headers (A, B, C, …) and Row Headers (1, 2, 3, …) are twice the width/height of data cells.
There is mismatch between cell actually selected and position within spreadsheet that is clicked.
My spreadsheets are displayed in 1/4 size (compared to column headers) with the other 3/4 of the data display area just grey (i.e., not displayed as empty cells).

Any updates on how to fix this appreciated.
LibreOffice 7.1.1.2, Mac OS X 10.16

In LO 7.x openGL has been replaced, I think for Mac os it is called Vulkan. It’s is in options dialog box, click preferences > LibreOffice > View

Although the Help page shows Use openGL/Ignore openGL checkboxes,
under 7.1.1.2 these options are neither in the Graphics Output section of
Preferences > LibreOffice > View
(nor under Preferences > LibreOffice Calc > View)

LibreOffice 7 doesn’t use openGL.

Look for hardware acceleration in the Preferences > LibreOffice > View dialog. In Windows the box you would untick to resolve your problem is called Skia. I don’t know if it uses that sane library name in Mac but it should be next to the box related to hardware acceleration

In LibreOffice 7.1.1.2, Mac OS X 10.16, the only likely entry is labeled “Use hardware acceleration”, in the Graphics Output area of Preferences > LibreOffice > View.
On my machine it is currently unchecked and uncheckable (i.e., grayed out and cannot be enabled).
Actually, mousing over it I now see it says “Requires Restart”. Not that I want to enable it, but it is possible that the sequence for this box was: OS updated to 10.16 (subsequent restart) then LO updated to 7.1.1.2 (no subsequent restarts). I can see if anything resolves itself after the next restart, though the option is currently off and the recommendation is to keep it off, soo …